Thursday, December 6, 2012

Grey

Today was an incredibly frustrating day for me: Garage day with our new movement teacher, Zack, from Canada. He's a really nice guy and I like him a lot, but I can't stand his teaching method. It's funny because his teaching method isn't unusual at all. It's common of many teachers - to be inclusive and to encourage students in the class to discuss the work - what we like and what we don't - and to talk about the possibilities. But this takes up so much time, and never ends with anything definite. At École Philippe Gaulier I've come to really like the black and white approach to theatre. It works or it doesn't. We love you or we hate you. It's amazing or it's rubbish. But today was all grey. And I hated it.


It's good though - experiences like this. It shapes how I want to work. How I might teach, or direct, or make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment