Monday, December 3, 2012

I'm Back

I haven't blogged for the past week because unfortunately I had a major personal-life event occur which meant that I needed to take a week off school.  I won't be catching up on the week just been but I hear it was more of the same...and that it was a bit of a tough week. Not so much laughing. But I'm back now so let's change that!

~

Today a few numbers left over from last week's auto-course (to be an acrobat Monsieur Marcel says you must warm up your muscles) were presented. It was bloody difficult for them though because the energy in the room was tired (Monday) and depressing (hangover from last week) which meant that they were playing to a really cold audience. Unsurprisingly nothing worked. 

"When you do something really strong it's not in the spirit of clown." It's always light. Like a brush stroke, or a sketch. A suggestion.

"If we see you bad and you are bad it's a disaster." You have to save the show when it's bad. Pretend that it's all written in the show. For clowns, it's never bad..it's coming!

~

We then did an exercise in which we had to make the audience believe we are a plumber. 


Monsieur Marcel says to the clown "when a plumber enters he looks around and says 'I don't know who did this job before but it's not so well done." I got up and hosted as Monsieur Loyale - trying to lift the energy in the room and help out those on stage. I helped once when I came out whilst Boris, Nicko and Miwa (I think) were on stage and said "I thought your specialty was dance-plumbing! Where's the dance?" which gave them something ridiculous to do which got them some laughs and love. We also found a potentially fun game with Steph, Miluka, and Mark when I stuffed up their names in my presentation for them. A game of 'no that's not my name' corrections. It was fun being on stage as the straight one with three idiots around me. I felt like I was a celebrity guest star in The Muppets.


~

So now we're in the time where the show is coming up and everyone is scrambling to get a number accepted. I have made the decision for myself to take it easy for the next two weeks. I'm not fussed about being in the show - although I will host as Monsieur Marcel - and am just going to enjoy my time here. Take it all in, get up if I feel like it, or stay sitting if I don't. It's not like me to not be incredibly motivated, but right now I just have to look after myself...And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment